August 31, 2009

Saying Farewell




For any of you who know me well and know how I cook you will know that this is a tragedy. This last week my sandwich maker died. I received that sandwich maker from my mother for my 18th birthday right before I moved out of the house, so it has served me for a good 6 years.


Now for those of you know don't know I do use my sandwich maker a lot.(at least once a week) When I need a quick meal I usually will use it for something. Some of my favorite things to do is make muffins for breakfast in it or make pizza pocket sandwiches for lunch. It will be missed very much. Steven said that I have to wait until Christmas before I get a new one but I don't think that I will survive.

5 comments:

Ang and Shawn said...

oh no pam!!! this is a very big deal. . . maybe you should tell Steve that you need one like yesterday. walmart special. . . $9.88 I didn't know that you could do so many things with a sandwich maker until i started working with you!!!

Nielson Shmielson said...

I remember when you got that sandwich maker! You made me promise never to use it, actually I think that was the first order of business after we moved in was for me to make the solemn promise. Ha ha. Well I don't know about waiting until Christmas, they are surprisingly affordable. Good luck.

Alli said...

oh man. I lovem ine too! Mine has lasted 11 years!!! so far so good.. I use mine all the time also so I would cry if mine died! :)

Annie Hatch said...

Oh, that is so sad! I have enjoyed many a muffin from your sandwich maker back at LPD.

Katie James said...

EXCUSE ME ANNIE! I believe that was MY SANDWICH MAKER at LPD.

My deepest sympathy for the loss of your loved one :)

Surely there must be some sort of Holiday/Occasion that you could get a sandwich maker for!

Props to you and Tressa for teaching us the many ways to cook in a sandwich maker!