December 20, 2008

The Yearly Family Picture

Like many families my father likes to send out a family picture for Christmas each year. This year was more of a cut and paste kind of thing. In this picture Steven and I are photo shopped into it from a picture on the day of Jacobs blessing. Dad did a pretty good job.
Many if not all of you know that we lost a member of our family this year. My brother, Kirt Wayne Mendenhall passed away this April. It has been a very hard year full of tears and trials. We miss him so much and during the Holiday Season we miss him even more. Even now as I sit and write this blog I cry my eyes out. (Tiffany I am sorry to make you cry) I know that Kirt is watching over us and especially over Tiffany and Ethan.
I would just like to say this holiday season that I am so grateful for all the loved ones that I have around me and the ones that are not so very near. I am so blessed to have the knowledge of the plan of salvation and know that I will see him again.
To Tiffany, I love you and hope that through this Christmas with it being so hard you still are able to find joy in it. (as you already know Christmas Joy often comes through a child) You are so strong and I look up to you for it.
Merry Christmas
Love The Mills Family

2 comments:

Alli said...

Love it!
So cute!

Tiffany said...

Pam- you are totally making me cry!! But you said it perfectly. We miss Kirt so much and I am so greatful for the knowledge that we have of this gospel...it helps to know it through this crazy time of year!! We love you guys and miss you all!! I know that Kirt is watching over all of us, I hope you have a great Christmas.