August 23, 2012

Summer Vaca Week 2, Puerto Rico!!

 On the 5th of July Steven and I left the kids at my parents house and flew to Puerto Rico.  We were there for a Spanish conference the Steven was presenting in but found plenty of time to have fun as well.  It was a great week of sight seeing and relaxing.  I much needed time away, and if you didn't know you can see in this picture I am very pregnant.
 We saw all sorts of cool animals.  The one thing I didn't get a picture of but was our favorite part of the week was going to see a  Bio Luminescent bay.  We kayaked in the water whenever it was moved lit up.  It was the most amazing thing to witness.  At one point it was so dark and a shrimp jumped into my boat, it was flipping around my feet and the only reason I knew it was there was because the water around my feet was lighting up.  Very cool.
 We had so much fun swimming in the water, snorkeling and playing with the waves.  It was beautiful.

 We spent a great deal of time in Old San Juan, this picture is a view from the fort.   The city was amazing and so much fun to walk around.  We had so much great food and had fun trying a new restaurant each night to see what we could find.
The thing that made our trip most fun were the friends we had to share it with.  This picture only shows one couple that was there with us at the Spanish conference (there was another couple that did not join us this particular day) but we spent a great deal of time with them and it made it all the more enjoyable.  The picture is taken at a lookout point in the rain forest. 

No comments: