October 22, 2009

LadyBug Season

For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, let me explain. Each year around this time everything becomes infested with lady bugs. They are all over the laws, and you get attacked each time you step out of the door. Of course if you are lucky like me and you get attacked in your house as well. Our back door does not seal fully because of a slight bow in the door and the lady bugs have found a way in. I am amazed every year how many there really are. I used to catch them when they came in the house and throw them back outside (example in the picture) but it has become much to much work and so I just suck them up with a vacuum.

Miranda is afraid of bugs so it has been good to make her play with them but Jacob thinks they are so fun and yesterday there was a Lady bug crawling all over his hands. I looked over and saw it and the next instant he shoved it in his mouth and swallowed. I am sorry to say that I laughed pretty hard about it because that bug put up a good fight and tried to crawl, or fly out and Jacob was coughing and trying to grab at is for a full minute. I guess what doesn't kill them makes them stronger.

3 comments:

Alicia Bunderson said...

holy cow pam. I don't think I would like that. HOwever lady bugs are better than earwigs, which is what we had this year!

that is just hilarious about Jacob. Too funny, I think Morgan would do the same thing and try to eat it.

Julie/Mom said...

I wish I had more ladybugs here to eat the aphids on my hibicus bush! But I don't want as many as you have right now. Even though they would have a feast on my bush!

Clark Family said...

I know that they are just lady bugs but that would give me the eebie jeebies...AAAHHH