October 16, 2012

INTRODUCING!!!!

Keagen Kirt Mills

Born October 9, 2012
10lb 15oz
(no that weight is not a typo, he is huge)
22 inches long

 We love this little guy so much. He has been the best baby so far and we are so happy that he has arrived.  But, I am getting ahead of myself.  My original due date  was October 1st and I had been having contractions on and off for weeks before then.  Because of the contractions we never thought we would make it to Oct 9th and have to be induced.  The picture to the right is me just about ready to walk to the hospital. (yes walk we live across the street from the hospital)  I felt so big and so ready to go have this baby.  When we arrived at the hospital I got all signed in and on the monitors and my doctor walked in moments later to break my water.  The plan was to just break the water and not give patocin and hope my body would go into labor on its own.  It did.  I started having hard contractions shortly after that.  I was doing great and able to walk around and focus and breath and relax through the contractions, but after 4 hours I was only dilated to a 4.  That was frustrating for me because I usually go very fast.  Well right after I was checked and was told I was only at a 4 I got up to use the rest room and got really really nauseous.  Apparently that can be a sign that your body is progressing allot because the nurse wanted to check me again and within 15 minutes I dilated from a 4 to a 7 and the doctor was on her way in to deliver my baby.  We were ready to go just 15 minutes
 later and I was pushing.  My experience in the past with delivering babies is that once you have the head out you feel a huge rush of relief and the rest of the baby comes out easily.  Not so with our wonderful Keagan.  I have never had to push so long and hard to get out the shoulders and the chest.  It was crazy, and something I may never forget.  I am so glad that he is here and healthy and happy.  In the end it was exactly 5 hours of labor and one very large but very beautiful baby boy. The picture on the left makes Steven laugh because of how Keagan is holding on.
The picture on the right is one proud papa.  I don't know if all husbands do this but it seems that my husband loves me a little bit more after I give birth.  He is so wonderful to me and It seems like he now understands what I have been doing for the past 9 months.  He is so good to praise me and appreciate the sacrifice that it takes to be a mother.  What a great husband and father he is.  I love you Steven

And here they are, the three proud siblings.  We are now officially the parents of 4 children. It is a little bit crazy to think about and we will see how the transition goes.  So far so good.  I love these 4 cuties.  I wouldn't trade them for the world.  Just a note about the name we chose.  If you know me well I have wanted to name one of boys Keagan since I was in high school.  I have loved the name for a very long time and it never fit the other boys.  Kirt is his middle name and is the first name of my beloved brother that past away nearly 5 years ago.  Kirt was a wonderful person and one of his best attributes was his love and acceptance of anyone and everyone no matter what.  He had a way of making everyone feel accepted and loved.  I miss him dearly and it felt right to carry on his name.

7 comments:

Terri Griffith said...

wow what a big boy! He is already bigger than Brady at 2 months old. glad to hear everything went well. I just love his name!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Hooray! We are so happy he is finally here! He is huge. Did he even fit newborn clothes? I love the name Keagan too! I can't believe how grown up the other kids look; especially Jackson. Love them all! Glad Steven is such a good daddy.

Alli said...

Aww So glad things went good. What a BIG boy but oh how fun. 4 kids are sure fun! What a great name! :) Congratulations!

etreiersen said...

Congratulations. What a big baby for such a tiny little lady. He is a cuties, just like your other kids

Alicia Bunderson said...

I just love you Pam! you really are amazing! and I love that you have huge babies! its always exciting to find out how big your baby is because each one gets bigger and bigger! Can't wait to meet him! and call me anytime when you need to chat!

Kalli said...

Holy Macaroni! Lisa and I had a little giggle about your cutie in the grocery store...but I'm sure that's all anyone says to you SO
I also think he is adorable! His cheeks are my favorite feature :) Wish you were closer so I could help (hint move to Utah!)

Janeece, Dusty, Karl, Phillip, Rita, Hazel, and Sonora said...

We are so excited for both of you, and that Pam finally got her Keagan. You are a beautiful family and your kids are growing up so fast. We keep wishing you all the best.

Dusty and Janeece